Plagued by leaks, concerned about the age of your roof? We can inspect, maintain, and provide replacement options.
Precision Roofing Services has been a leader in providing professional service to the commercial, industrial, and residential roofing market for many years. Our list of satisfied customers is always growing.
To assure you get the maximum life from your roof, Precision offers these maintenance tips:
1) Clear Debris, Snow and Watch for Ponding Water
Leaves, branches and other items from nearby trees can clog drainage areas causing pooling of water and can keep the roof from drying completely causing mold or moss to develop. Eventually these can lead to cracks and leaks. In our area specifically when we experience heavy snow or ice storms it is a good idea to make certain the roof drains properly so there is no weight issue.
2) Periodically Walk the Roof to Check for Soft/Spongy Areas
This may mean the underlay material is wet or damaged.
3) Hire a Professional Flat Roofer for all Repairs and Installation
Poor quality installation can compromise the integrity of a roof. The National Roofing Contractors Association reveals a startling statistic that 47% of roof failures are due to poor workmanship.
4) Check Seams and Flashings
If a leak is going to occur, typically it is around drains, chimney stacks, rooftop equipment, skylights, parapets, and other protrusions. Assuring seals are intact around these is a cost-effective means of extending the life of your roof.
Roof Maintenance Programs
Over the years, we have found that a maintenance program can add many years of service to your existing roof system. Our program entails an inspection, evaluation and recommended procedure(s) to help maintain your existing roof.
Our roof inspections include:
- Inspection of all drains, scuppers and gutters for deterioration and blockage.
- Inspection of the perimeter sheet metal flashings to make sure they are secure and watertight.
- Inspection of all wall flashings.
- Inspection of mechanically attached screws and masonry fasteners.
- Inspection of masonry walls and flashings.
- Inspection of vents, soil stack flashings, HVAC units and miscellaneous protrusions on the roof.
- Removal of any unused equipment from the roof.
Contact us today to schedule your roof inspection.